A young boy was out walking in the fields where the crops where planted. On the left side of the path there was regular soil with mature wood ashes, rotted leaves and plants (compost) as normal. On the right side was added new chemical fertilizer that was said to do much better, grow faster and more abundant. As the boy looked closer he noticed many earth worms moving from the chemical filled soil over to the natural soil.
He always remembered this and used it when he was older to form his therapy that would heal hundreds of people from TB and emerging cancers. His name is Dr Max Gerson. This story is found in the book “Healing the Hopeless“. It is not well known, because as he began to heal people from cancer the government made sure that it did not get any attention.
We can see that these chemicals were hurting the insects. They needed their natural environment to survive. The soil had become TOXIC AND DEFICIENT not meeting their needs.
Why would it be any different for humans? But do we really care? We have become addicted to “food” and we are not able to see that our bodies are crying out for us to get clean by giving it what it needs to be healthy!
Our environment continues to change because of our growing industry causing pollution and toxicity. Our air, water and soil are being killed. If they survive, they will be extremely deficient in nutrients and covered in synthetic chemicals. Out of this environment comes our food..
If that isn’t bad enough, we then modify, refine and process our food to fit our convenience, cost, profit and accessibility.
So how do we be healthy in such a Toxic, Deficient and Sick world?
A healthy body begins with the human Cell.
The cell is the building block and foundation of our body. If the foundation is not solid than eventually what is on top will come down. Our body is made up of over 100 trillion cells! These cells form tissues, that form organs and organs that form organ systems. Thus making the human body.
There are many different types of cells that do many different things to meet our needs, and that sustain life every second of every day. Each cell must be fed properly to be able to do its job well.
The problem in our culture is that we do not give our cells what they need and the result is that they become TOXIC and DEFICIENT. This results in sickness and disease. What does the cell need to be healthy and therefore produce a healthy body? I believe it lies in 5 areas.
1. Your cells need real food.
Anything you eat goes to your cells and either helps them perform their roles or harms and hinders them. From the mouth down into digestion, food is broken down (metabolized) and separated into –
- Amino acids
The cell needs ALL of these and more to function properly. (To maintain health)
If you have a diet based upon processed food and sugar then the cell does not get what it needs therefore, it is deficient and disease grows. These foods are not what your body is made to have. Your cells need real food. Focus on consistently eating plenty of fresh vegetables, fruit and drinking lots of water!
2. Your cells need exercise.
It is said now that sitting is just as deadly as smoking… Your body needs to be moving! Your cells need exercise! Remember cells make your organs. The brain, heart and lungs all need exercise to keep your organs/organ systems in shape and working efficiently.
Some things Exercise can help with…
- Keep your blood flowing.
- Balance your hormones and chemical makeup.
- Improve mental outlook.
- Lose weight.
- Reduce the leading causes of death, such as: Heart disease, stroke, diabetes and high blood pressure..
- Strengthen your muscles and joints to prevent injury and pain.
People who don’t find time to exercise sooner or later will have to find time for illness.- 15th Earl of Derby
3. Your cells need a healthy environment to live in.
This includes 2 main areas.
1. Clean fresh Air. 21% of the air we breath is oxygen. If the air is polluted then your cells become deficient and unable to perform their roles. It will also make them toxic. Because the percentage of oxygen that actually reaches your cells is low, the quality needs to be good. Some practical ways are:
- Staying away from smoking.
- Most of our time is spent indoors therefore, a good Air-purifier system is helpful.
- Open the windows often. (if at all possible)
- Get outside in the fresh air!
- Indoor plants are great air purifiers that get rid of toxins.
2. Clean fresh water. Around 70% of your body is made up of water! The body needs it for absorption and utilization of nutrients. Also elimination of waste. Water feeds and hydrates your blood and cells. Water takes vitamins, minerals, proteins and carbs from food and delivers them to where they need to go.
It helps keep your muscles and joints working smoothly (remember this includes your brain, heart and lungs…). It keeps our body at the right temperature. All these among many other things.
The best way to get clean fresh water is to get a good water purifier/filter for your water sources at home. We must try to drink as much as possible! Your body will tell you when we need more..
You need more water…
- First thing in the morning. This helps the elimination process of toxins the body has been working at cleaning out all night while you slept and to fuel your cells up again.
- Headaches, dry mouth and skin, constipation and drowsiness…
- When you have been drinking lots of coffee, pop or alcohol. These can take water from your cells leaving you deficient.
- When you eat a lot of sugar and processed or refined foods. Sugar eats up water in your cells and makes them dehydrated.
4. Your cells need to be protected.
Your cells are being attacked everyday from microscopic organisms. Without protection, pathogens (harmful bacteria, viruses, etc..) will start to kill your healthy cells and cause sickness. That is why you have an immune system to fight for you.
Your front lines of defence for your immune system are –
- Your skin
- Mucus membranes
- White blood cells
Between these 3, they act together in preventing pathogens from entering the body and they hunt the ones down that may have come in. If you do not get good nutrition then the defences will be down and you will get sick very easily.
You need lots of –
- Whole raw food including lots of – Vegetables & Fruit
- Probiotics & Fiber
- Whole food supplements at times
- Less stress.*Extra amounts of the above during stressful times.
5. Lastly, you need to be mentally okay for your cells to work together properly.
It is becoming more and more well-known that what you think and how you feel mentally has a huge role in the health of your body. Stress, anxiety and depression are killing people. More and more people are realizing that what you put into your body is affecting your mental attitude.
Your “mental health” will harm or help your bodies cells just as much as the previous 4 points. This has a lot to do with your nervous system and the “fight or flight” response given in stress. This response, for example, is what triggers your body to run from danger or to relax and sleep at night.
However, most of us run only on stress and forget to relax. Mental stress depletes us of much-needed nutrients that we are usually deficient in to begin with.. You can see how detrimental it can be to your organs and cells.
I believe stress is the biggest reason for heart disease, which is one of the top killers in North America. The cardiac care floors in the hospital are full around Christmas and new years every year. We always seem to be going and we need to slow down. We need to rest. Relax. Enjoy the time we have because it is short. We are never satisfied, always looking for the next thing.
There can be healing. There is hope.
Most of all and most important. We need to know our Creator. The Bible says in Romans 1, that we all know God but have turned away from him to do what we want to do. Let me tell you that you can do yoga or any spiritual exercise and it will not give you lasting peace.
You can have all the entertainment and luxury the world has to offer but you will still not have peace. There are many ways this world tells us to get fulfillment, but God our Creator says that there is one way to have peace, and that is through Jesus, Gods Son. John 14:6.
And this is the way to have eternal life- to know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one You sent to earth. – John 17:3
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. – Romans 5:1
For more help read through this article HERE.
Your body needs cells that are healthy to sustain life and prevent illness. If not you become Toxic and Deficient in what your body needs to remain healthy. You achieve this through your cells receiving —
- Healthy REAL food.
- Lots of movement and exercise.
- A clean environment.
- A strong defence system.
- And to be Mentally healthy.
“What we do with our body and what we put in it will either harm it or heal it”.
Choose to maintain a healthy body so we may glorify God with the time we have on this earth.